The Beauty Of Grace Is That It Makes Life Not Fair!

Friday, June 15, 2007

Red Lobster

Joel and I decided to celebrate our anniversary yesterday, since it was his day off. So we did some fun stuff and just relaxed most of the day, but for dinner we decided to go to Red Lobster. Joel's mom had sent us a gift card. The funny part is that my husband despises seafood. Joel literally freaks out. On our honeymoon, he took me out for seafood, but that was definately just for me. So we sit down and Joel orders his steak (of course) but I decided to get crab legs (which I've never had in front of him). Before we even got our food, Joel noticed a girl at the next table eating crab legs and I saw the concern on his face. When our food came, Joel learned all about how to eat crab, but I wish I had a picture of the faces he was making. He says his issue is the texture when he eats, but it has escalated to more a phobia of being in the same room as seafood. During dinner, I was teasing him and told him that he needed to conquer his fear, "you don't have to like it, just be able to be around it." So he bravely, decided to try a bite. He swallowed it down, but could only stay composed for about a minute, before the freak out came racing back. Needless to say we didn't even discussing trying the shrimp.

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The crab had the texture of hot soggy celery.

Shrimp feels like it crawls down my throat!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Vanessa said...

that's hilarious....I guess you gotta get people to eat seafood when they are young to conquer their fears...

my kids love salmon, shrimp, and I make them eat crab...which they confess isn't too bad.

I guess it's just too late for Joel...so sad.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger tammi said...

Joel, joel...doesn't have a clue what he's missing out on. I could seriously LIVE off seafood alone...shrimp and garlic pasta made with olive oil, calamari, tuna sushi, mussels in wine sauce....mmmmmmmmm

gizrinc - the act of wiping drool off the keyboard*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home